As mentioned on the program this morning, the 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative is dedicated to protecting the millions of people around the world who are subject to religious persecution. Click here to support them: http://www.21wilberforce.org/
Support the 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative for Religious Freedom and Protection
A Duke Freshman on Why He Refused to Read “Fun Home”
Duke freshman Brian Grasso writes in the Washington Post about why he refused to read a sexually explicit graphic novel as part of the required reading at Duke:
Today’s Latin Tuesday courtesy of our Latinist David Wilezol:
From Livy’s Ab Urbe Condita:
Civitas ea in in libertate est posita, quae suis stat viribus, non ex alieno arbitrio pendet.
That state alone is free, which rests upon its own strength, and does not depend upon the will of another.
‘Christian Millennials’ — Not an Oxymoron
Morning in America producer Chris Beach and his colleague Alison Howard have penned a new column for National Review addressing the problem of Millennials leaving Christianity in droves. They offer some solutions for how to get Millennials back to church and how to keep them there: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/419807/christian-millennials-not-oxymoron-chris-beach-alison-howard
Today’s Latin Tuesday lesson courtesy of David Wilezol:
Non omnia possumus omnes
“Not all of us are able to do all things”
Vergil, Bucolics 8.63
This passage was chosen in regards to the controversy surrounding Rachel Dolezal and her claim that she is black.
Today’s Latin Tuesday post in honor of Memorial Day, courtesy of David Wilezol:
Seneca, De Providentia, Section 4:
Gaudent magni viri rebus adversis non aliter, quam fortes milites bellis.
- Sean Trende: Senior Elections Analyst for RealClearPolitics
- Bing West: Former assistant secretary of defense; combat Marine; author of "One Million Steps: A Marine Platoon at War"
- Dimas Salaberrios: Pastor of Infinity Bible Church; author of "Street God: The Explosive True Story of a Former Drug Boss on the Run from the Hood--and the Courageous Mission That Drove Him Back"
Mentioned on the Show
- Daniel Henninger: The College Board’s about-face on U.S. history is a significant political event
- Pat Caddell: Schumer May Save the Democratic Party
- Bill Kristol Remembers Peter Schramm
- Watch the Veterans Against the Deal Ad HERE
- Mark Moyar: How Obama Shrank the Military
Forensic Psychiatrist Dr. Michael Welner Explains How We Should Respond to the Horrific WDBJ Journalist Killings Download
A compilation of the best Hillary Clinton and Uber song contest submissions to date. Email Bill with your vote and the winner will get a special Morning in America prize! Download