Many Americans don’t realize that we’re in the midst of a heroin epidemic right now. John Walters, former Drug Czar for Pres. George W. Bush, and I have penned a new op-ed for the Boston Globe on how to combat the heroin epidemic and why the Obama administration’s response has failed:
My Column in the Boston Globe on the Heroin Epidemic in America
Support the 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative for Religious Freedom and Protection
As mentioned on the program this morning, the 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative is dedicated to protecting the millions of people around the world who are subject to religious persecution. Click here to support them: http://www.21wilberforce.org/
A Duke Freshman on Why He Refused to Read “Fun Home”
Duke freshman Brian Grasso writes in the Washington Post about why he refused to read a sexually explicit graphic novel as part of the required reading at Duke:
Today’s Latin Tuesday courtesy of our Latinist David Wilezol:
From Livy’s Ab Urbe Condita:
Civitas ea in in libertate est posita, quae suis stat viribus, non ex alieno arbitrio pendet.
That state alone is free, which rests upon its own strength, and does not depend upon the will of another.
‘Christian Millennials’ — Not an Oxymoron
Morning in America producer Chris Beach and his colleague Alison Howard have penned a new column for National Review addressing the problem of Millennials leaving Christianity in droves. They offer some solutions for how to get Millennials back to church and how to keep them there: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/419807/christian-millennials-not-oxymoron-chris-beach-alison-howard
Today’s Latin Tuesday lesson courtesy of David Wilezol:
Non omnia possumus omnes
“Not all of us are able to do all things”
Vergil, Bucolics 8.63
This passage was chosen in regards to the controversy surrounding Rachel Dolezal and her claim that she is black.
- Rep. Tim Murphy: Congressman for the 18th District of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Ben Carson: Candidate for President; author of "A More Perfect Union: What We the People Can Do to Reclaim Our Constitutional Liberties"
- Phil Steele: Creator of Phil Steele's College Football Preview
- Nicholas Eberstadt: Henry Wendt Scholar in Political Economy at AEI; member of the Global Leadership Council at the World Economic Forum
Mentioned on the Show
- Information on Education Sunday
- Sean Trende: Demographics and the 2016 Election Scenarios
- Daniel Henninger: The College Board’s about-face on U.S. history is a significant political event
- Pat Caddell: Schumer May Save the Democratic Party
- Bill Kristol Remembers Peter Schramm